- Your Government
- Public Works
- Pathways and Trails
Pathways and Trails
2023 Proposed Pathway Improvements
New Pathway Segments
The following pathway segments are proposed to be constructed in 2022:
- Twin Lakes Trail Phase 2
- This project will extend the existing bituminous trail from Terrace Avenue to Oasis Park.
- Lexington Avenue Pathway, Woodhill – 500 feet north
- This project will complete a gap in the trail system by completing the 8 foot bituminous trail. It will be included in the 2022 Pavement Management Project.
- Marion Street Pathway Phase 2
- This project will extend the pathway on Marion Street from Larpenteur Avenue to the cul-de-sac where the existing trail begins. The overall trail provides connections to South McCarron’s Boulevard and Lake McCarron’s County Park.
- County Road B2
- Ramsey County will be installing a new pathway on the north side of County Road B2 between the Snelling Avenue ramps underneath the Snelling Avenue bridge as part of the project.
Resurfaced Pathway Segments
The following pathway segments are proposed to be resurfaced or reconstructed in 2022:
- Larpenteur Avenue, Galtier Street – Rice Street
- Central Park Pathway, Dale Street – County Road B/County Road B2 Resurfacing
Other ImprovementsIn cooperation with Ramsey County, the County will be installing a new Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) pedestrian flasher at Lexington Avenue near Josephine Park near the Dairy Queen.
The City/County will also be replacing the existing pedestrian flasher on Lexington Avenue at Oakcrest Avenue with a new Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) pedestrian flasher.
Pathway Master Plan
The Pathway Master Plan Map depicts the City’s existing pathway system and the proposed pathway connections. The City Council approved the updated Pathway Master Plan on October 11, 2021. This plan was first adopted by the City Council in 1997 with updates in 2001, 2002, 2008 and 2018. The purpose of the Pathway Master Plan is to provide a set of guidelines for the development of the community's pathway network.
The Pathway Master Plan is adopted by reference in the city's Comprehensive Plan and serves as a planning tool to assist the City Council on decisions regarding pathway issues.
- Existing Pathways Map
- Pathway Master Plan Map - Full
- Pathway Master Plan Map - Quadrants
- Full Pathway Master Plan
Pathway Snow Plowing