As part of the City of Roseville’s multi-pronged Emerald Ash Borer Program, the city is excited to partner with Tree Trust to help create an affordable option for residents to help maintain the tree canopy on private property in Roseville.
Here are the Details:
- Ordering begins March 1st, 2023 at 8:00am. Trees are $40 each. You may purchase 2 trees per Roseville address. Landlords may purchase trees for up to 5 properties. Trees must be planted in Roseville.
- Read the TREE SALE FAQ before proceeding, to learn how the sale works and related policies.
- Please set up a Shopify customer ACCOUNT, which will be required for purchasing in the sale.
- The trees will be available for pick up on May 13th, 2023 from 9 a.m.-noon at Roseville Public Works Building, 2660 Civic Center Dr, Roseville, MN 55113.
- **These trees do not come with a warranty. There are no refunds for trees that are not picked up during the designated time frame or for trees that die following removal from the pickup site**
- Trees purchased through this sale MUST be planted on private property.
- Please contact us (612-750-6840) if you would prefer to arrange for payment by check.
Things to consider:
- Large shade trees should be planted at least 15 feet from power lines and/or buildings.
- Save money on energy by planting large shade trees on the east or west side of your home.
- For more information, contact Tree Trust’s Community Forestry Department at (612) 750-6840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EAB Management Plan
The City of Roseville is within the Emerald Ash Borer infestation zone. This means that all ash trees within the city are considered to be infested with Emerald Ash Borer, or will become infested with Emerald Ash Borer (EAB). Unfortunately, EAB eventually kills all infested, untreated trees.
The city is currently implementing a multi-pronged, proactive approach to managing public ash trees including REMOVAL of diseased trees that have shown significant signs of decay, PLANTING trees of different species to replace ash and TREATING select ash trees.
While the removals and subsequent plantings will be on public property (within parks and along boulevards), it is equally important to increase tree canopy on private property. This low-cost tree sale makes it easy for residents to purchase, pick up, and learn to plant a tree on their property at an affordable rate and will provide benefits not only in your lifetime, but for generations to come.