Twin Lakes Walmart Plat
Walmart Stores, Inc, in conjunction with Roseville Properties, owner of the subject property, has received approval for a Preliminary Plat of the Twin Lakes land area bounded by County Road C, Cleveland Avenue, Twin Lakes Parkway, and Prior Avenue to create 3 lots.
The request also includes the transfer of ownership of a small portion of City-owned land adjacent to the Mount Ridge Road roundabout.
Update: On July 2, two administrative appeals were filed contesting City staff's determination that the proposed store is a permitted use under the Zoning Code.
Appeal from SWARN (Solidarity of West Area of Roseville Neighbors) 1.38 MB PDF
Appeal from Karen Schaffer 63 KB PDF
Staff Report for July 16th City Council meeting 1.5 MB PDF
Outlined below is a brief summary of July meetings where the Walmart issues were addressed:
- July 9th City Council meeting
- Action: Received appeals and referred to July 11th Planning Commission meeting (no testimony was received).
- Action: Approved the Preliminary Plat request by a vote of 3-2.
- July 11th Planning Commission meeting
- Action: Conducted hearing regarding appeals of staff determination that Walmart is a permitted use. Upheld staff determination by a vote of 4-2 (view the draft meeting minutes).
- July 16th City Council meeting
- Action: The Council, acting as the Board of Adjustment and Appeals, received the Planning Commission's recommendation and took additional public testimony regarding the appeals. Upheld staff determination by a vote of 3-2.
- July 23rd City Council meeting
- Action: The Council, acting as the Board of Adjustment and Appeals, adopted findings supporting staff’s decision.
- Action: The Final Plat and Development Agreement were approved by a vote of 3-2.
- Application Submitted: December 2, 2011
- Application Determined Complete: January 12, 2012
- Planning Commission Public Hearing: February 1, 2012
- Citizens' Petition for EAW Received: April 16, 2012
- City Council EAW Determination: May 21, 2012
- City Council Approval of Preliminary Plat: July 9, 2012
- Planning Commission Public Hearing on Zoning Determination Appeal: July 11, 2012
- City Council Received Appeals and Received Public Comment: July 16, 2012
- City Council Approval of Final Plat and Development Agreement: July 23, 2012
- Planning Commission staff report (2.6 MB PDF)
- Concept Plan and Proposed Plat (1.8 MB PDF)
- February 1, 2012 Planning Commission minutes
- February 14, 2012 letter from Walmart requesting postponement of plat consideration (77 KB PDF)
- Citizens' Petition for EAW (10.8 MB PDF)
- May 21, 2012 Consideration of Citizens' Petition for EAW (44 KB PDF)
- May 21, 2012 Staff Report for Preliminary/Final Plat and Development Agreement (76 KB PDF) and Attachments (9.9 MB PDF)
- May 29, 2012 letter from Walmart requesting extension of deadline (46 KB PDF)
- June 8, 2012 letter from Walmart requesting determination of permitted use (551 KB PDF)
- June 21, 2012 letter from City of Roseville responding to use determination request (349 KB PDF)
- June 21, 2012 letter attachment analyzing Comprehensive Plan goals and policies (87 KB PDF)
- July 2, 2012 Administrative Appeal from SWARN 1.38 MB PDF
- July 2, 2012 Administrative Appeal from Karen Schaffer 63 KB PDF
- July 9, 2012 City Council minutes
- July 11, 2012 Planning Commission staff report 2.8 MB PDF
- July 11, 2012 Planning Commission draft minutes
- July 16, 2012 City Council meeting staff report 1.50 MB PDF
- July 23, 2012 City Council meeting staff report 11.0 MB PDF
- July 23, 2012 City Council minutes