Roseville MN Homepage

Liquor Licenses

Liquor License Application Procedure & Process

1. Download and complete the following forms:

 If the type of liquor license is allowed by City Code but is not above, please contact the Deputy City Clerk at (651)792-7023 or by email at

2. Send your license fees, along with all required state and city forms to:

City of Roseville Administration Department

Deputy City Clerk

2660 Civic Center Drive

Roseville, MN 55113

  • Make sure to include any other required attachments such as plat plans, partnership agreements, certificates of trade name, articles of incorporation, and association agreements.
  • For On-Sale & Sunday Intoxicating Licenses, a $500 deposit may be submitted at the time of application, and the remainder paid prior to the council meeting.
  • You must include a copy of your insurance accord. This accord must cover the entire calendar year and include the Roseville address. 

3. Upon receipt of the necessary information and funds, the city will schedule a public hearing to be held during the next available city council meeting. The notice for a public hearing will then be posted at city hall and in the city's official newspaper for a minimum of 10 days.  City council meetings are usually held on Mondays. 


4. While the application is going before council, a background check will be done on the owners and managers of the establishment.  Please have each owner and manager complete the background check authorization form in the packet.


5. During the public hearing the license will either be approved, denied, or tabled for later review. It is recommended, but not required, that an establishment representative be present for the public hearing.


6. If the city council approves the license, the state application will be signed and forwarded to the state, and a city license will be sent out to the establishment. If the license does not get approved, the city will contact you regarding the application.


7. In addition, the establishment must also separately apply for a buyer's card with the State of Minnesota.


8. Train employees to be in compliance with Roseville ordinances applying to the sale and serving of alcoholic beverages. The Roseville Police Department believes that manager and server training (PDF) is the only responsible option regarding the sale of alcoholic beverages.

Please allow 60 days for the completion of the application process. For questions regarding liquor licenses, please contact the Deputy City Clerk at 651-792-7023.



  1. Roseville MN Homepage

Contact Us

  1. Roseville City Hall

  2. 2660 Civic Center Drive

  3. Roseville, MN 55113

  4. Monday - Friday
    8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

  5. Phone: 651-792-7000

  6. Email Us

Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow