Overview & Functions
The commission has seven members. The duties and functions of the commission are:
- Advise on short- and long-term financial policy matters, including but not limited to cash reserve funds, budgets, financing, and capital replacement policies
- Recommend budget goals, including but not limited to local tax rate and tax levy targets, management of enterprise funds and spending levels
- Review and recommend standardized budget and financial reporting methods and tools to make financial communications and budget information more transparent, comprehensible, and accessible to the public
- Review and recommend the annual timeline and process for creating city budgets
- Review the annual financial information, the annual audit report and management letter, and the city’s investment policy and portfolio
The commission typically meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. but there may be an occasional schedule change. Refer to the calendar on the city's homepage.
Contact the Finance Commission.
Agendas & Packets
Most meetings are shown live on Roseville Cable Channel 16. You can also view webstreamed meetings: