- Your Government
- Community Development
- Home Energy Assistance
Home Energy Assistance
Energy Improvement Loans
The City and State offer home improvement loans. The City has partnered with the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) to offer a variety of loan options. Watch a video promoting these options!
Ramsey County offers a Home Energy Conservation loan program.
Home Energy Squad VisitHelp us reduce our community's energy use and save money on your utility bills. The City of Roseville pays half the cost for a Home Energy Squad visit for residents. Call 651-328-6220 or learn more and sign up online.
Energy Plan Visit $50 (normally $100) (Energy Audit Waiver Form)
Recommended for homes built before 2000.
A two-person team will come to your home and:
- Install energy saving materials such as: LED lightbulbs, door and attic hatch weather stripping, programmable or smart thermostat, and high efficient water fixtures.
- Perform a blower door test to measure your home for air leaks.
- Complete an insulation inspection of your attic and walls using an infrared camera.
- Perform a safety test on your home's heating system and water heater.
- Help with next steps.
Virtual Home Energy Squad VisitThe Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) is offering FREE virtual Home Energy Squad visits. The hour-long virtual consultation with an HES energy expert could help you discover many easy ways to reduce energy use in your home with no-and low-cost energy saving options. The consultation can also help identify bigger future projects so you can get started when the time comes.
To find out more about what's included in a virtual HES consultation, call 651-328-6220 or learn more and sign up online.
Energy AdvisorsFor some you will go right from our virtual visit and be connected to a team of energy advisors. Others will be connected to the advisors after your in-home visit.
If your home has an opportunity for significant savings through larger home improvement projects such as additional insulation, attic air sealing, or replacing old heating equipment, the energy advisors make these larger steps easy by connecting you with a vetted list of qualified contractors, specialized financing and utility rebates.
Have questions after your visit? Contact the energy advisors at 612-244-2484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Window Replacement Due to Lead
Ramsey County Department of Public Health along with several partners is working to address lead paint hazards in Ramsey County homes occupied by young children who are most at risk for lead poisoning.
- This program is available to both owner-occupied and rental property owners.
- A child under age six must occupy the home.
- The occupants must be at or below 80 percent of the median income, which is $60,000 for a family of 4.
- Window components must be deteriorated and painted with lead- based paint.
For Energy Conservation
The Lending Center helps you obtain 0% financing on a 10 year forgivable loan for up to $6,500:
- Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Improve health and safety conditions
- Upgrade your heating system and insulation